Are you in the mood for some quick, easy, and delicious Mexican food? If so, try this recipe for Beefy Mexican Casserole. This Beefy Mexican Casserole recipe is great to eat with a fork/spoon or gobble it up with some tortilla chips!
To make this Beefy Mexican Casserole dish even quicker for weeknight dinners, try browning your ground beef on the weekend and storing it until you need it. You could also prepare the casserole in advance, less the crushed tortilla chips, for an even quicker weeknight dinners.
|Cook Time:||25 min|
|Prep Time:||5 min|
|Total Time:||30 min|
* 1 package – Taco Seasoning
* 1 – 15 ounce can – Black Beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 – 15.25 ounce can – Sweet Corn, drained
* 1 cup – Salsa
* 1/4 cup – Water
* 2 cups – Mexican-Style Cheese, shredded
* 1-1/2 cups – Tortilla Chips, crushed
* Extra salsa and sour cream - optional
2. Brown ground chuck in a large skillet over medium heat; drain excess fat.
3. Add taco seasoning, water, black beans, corn, and salsa to the skillet.
4. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the beef mixture into a 9”x13” baking dish.
6. Top the beef mixture with 1 cup of shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and add the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
9. Bake until cheese is completely melted.
10. Top with salsa and sour cream, or your favorite toppings!